This past weekend we had a BBQ at my boyfriend’s place.
There was SO MUCH amazing food.
(Grilled veggies and pineapple)
(Tilapia for fish tacos)
And of course, DRINKS!
I wanted to create a light, refreshing summery drink. Excessive sweetness NOT acceptable.
These were tasty and fresh. 1 watermelon gave me about 4 pitchers of drinks.
Everything was eyeballed, but here’s what I did each time:
- Chop Watermelon into small chunks (especially if not using a Vitamix) and fill blender to the top
- Add in a few cups of Club Soda, just enough to help effectively puree Watermelon
- Blend until pureed
- Pour mixture into a pitcher
- Using a knife or better yet, mortar and pestle, coarsley chop a few Mint Leaves and throw into pitcher
- This is where the taste testing begins: add in desired amount of Vodka (I think I used a few cups per pitcher)
- Finish off with more Club Soda and 1 or 2 limes
It is clearly very simple. All you need is the ingredients and a blender and the rest is totally up to your taste buds! I am often amongst those who enjoy a stiff drink and I found that this mixture really lends itself to a lot of alcohol without tasting too strong. :)
My one regret is not having found an organic watermelon, as the taste would have been divine.
Life goes on. :)
This week I hope to work on a grain and sugar free vegan cheesecake. One that hopefully tastes better than it sounds!
Hope you had a great weekend!